When things work well, they truly are a joy to be a part of. This past Sunday was the Meet the Artist Coffee for the Painting Studio Group Exhibition at Drip Cafe, Hockessin, DE.
Here are 5 Tips for a Successful Group Show.
- Time Line. What do you need from each artist and when? When do you need the art delivered, and to where? What else do you need- info for labels, bio, etc. and by when?
- Hanging the Work. Who is responsible for hanging the work? I hung the show with the help of 3 of the artists, egos were left at the door, it went smoothly and the show looks great.
- Getting the Word Out.We had a great turnout, 60 or so people, thanks to emails, a pdf that the artists could share with their friends and family, a FB Event, Drip Cafe clientele, and a press release sent to a local paper the Hockessin News who gave us a nice write up.
- Plenty of delicious refreshments. Wonderful space/host- Drip Cafe owner, Greg Vogeley and his staff couldn’t have been more accommodating, offering coffees and teas to go with their beautiful abundant spread.
- Sales. Always makes people happy! -The new collector, the gallery or cafe who receive a commission, and of course, the artist!
Thank you to all who came out to support these artists and please come visit the show. Exhibition is up at Drip Cafe through the first week of June 2016.